Wednesday, October 31, 2018

October 2018

Wow!

October has been a busy month! I started volunteering with Habitat For Humanity and I absolutely love it! I’ve worked on two houses since working with Habitat For Humanity and each time was a different experience. The first house that I worked on was almost done, so we focused on putting the finishing touches on the house such as painting, siding, ect. The group that I was a part of installed F- channel along the roof of the house. Before doing so, I had no idea what F-channel were nor their purpose. Apparently, they are important in allowing the house to “breath”. I spent most of time working on laters, and yes, I felt like a certified contractor!  The second house that I worked on had just begun its building process, so I spent my time building the foundation of the house, which was very challenging. We didn’t have power tools so we worked on blocking and securing the house’s foundation with hammers. I worked muscles in my hands that I never used before, however, I truly enjoyed the time that I spent working with the staff and other volunteers. Furthermore, learning about the people that will be moving into the houses that we were building made my work that much more rewarding. 

Until next time, 
Miriam 

October 2018 hours: 16
Total Hours: 16


No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2019

Hey Y'all,  It comes to no surprise that I finished my volunteer hours with Habitat for Humanity. I finally learned how to install ...