Thursday, February 28, 2019

February 2019

This was a very eventful month. I didn’t get a chance to volunteer, but I really enjoyed the topics that we covered.I specifically enjoyed our conversation about the opioid crisis in America. Although opioids are beneficial in  treating people with severe pain, many are highly addictive and many people have died from overdosing on opioids. Thus proper use  is essential to overcoming this epidemic along with prescribing different drugs. We also discussed other possible options for chronic pain management.  Our group presented on one possible therapeutic canabidiol drug that has been shown to have anxiolytics as well as analgesia properties by targeting serotonin and other receptors.

We just took an exam on psychiatric pharmacology. I found this block very interesting because a lot is unknown about psychotic disorders in terms of the pathology of biipolar disorder, schizophrenia and depression. In celebration of finishing the exam, I went to the muse parade on St. Charles and caught a shoe!

Hours this months: 0
Total hours: 6

Until next time,

Miriam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2019

Hey Y'all,  It comes to no surprise that I finished my volunteer hours with Habitat for Humanity. I finally learned how to install ...